Patrick Dahm is a German attorney-at-law (Rechtsanwalt) based in Singapore. He practises as arbitration counsel and legal expert witness and accepts appointments as arbitrator.
Patrick has represented parties in multiple arbitral proceedings, governed by various rules (SIAC, DIS, UNCITRAL) and procedural and substantive laws (both common law and civil law).
As a Singapore foreign practitioner he has the distinction of being admitted to practise German and Singapore law. In other words, he knows the pitfalls that litter the path of dispute resolution across borders.
He also practises corporate commercial and IT law in a law firm.
Arbitration Panels & Listings
Patrick is on the arbitration panels of the following organisations:
- Chinese Arbitration Association, Taipei (CAA)
- Thailand Arbitration Center (THAC)
- Indian Institute of Arbitration & Mediation (IIAM)
- Delos Dispute Resolution, Paris
These institutions have listed him as an arbitrator:
- Vienna International Arbitration Centre (VIAC)
- Arbitration and Mediation Center of the Mauritius Chamber of Commerce and Industry (MARC)
Patrick is a member of the following professional associations:
- Asian Institute of Alternative Dispute Resolution (AIAC, Fellow)
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (CIArb, Member)
- Swiss Arbitration Association (ASA, Member)
- German Institution of Arbitration (DIS/Deutsche Institution für Schiedsgerichtsbarkeit e. V., Member)
- Singapore Academy of Law
- Law Society of Singapore
- Bar Association of Berlin (Rechtsanwaltskammer Berlin)
- Indo-German Lawyers Association (Deutsch-Indische Juristenvereinigung e. V.)
- German-Singaporean Lawyers Association (Deutsch-Singapurische Juristenvereinigung e. V.)
Relevant Articles & Speeches
- On Arbitration, Football and Vacuum-Cleaning Robots
- ‘Language’ Difficulties between Civil Law and Common Law
- A Grain of Civil Law – Some (Not So) New Chords for the International Arbitration Jazz (Singapore Law Gazette, October 2014; with Respondek and O’Shea)
- The Midnight Clause in International Arbitration
- Overkill, Or: Free Trade Agreements in Asia (Global Trade and Customs Journal, Vol. 7/2012)